New Road, Windermere, LA23 2LA
"The rooms are absolutely brilliant - the staff are so friendly. Well run - you have thought of everything"
How to find the Howbeck
The howbeck is easy to find - just follow the directions below.If you canít find THe Howbeck when you arrive in Windermere, give us a call and we will talk you in!
- From the South M6
- M6 to Junction 36
- A590 (via Kendal bypass)
- A591 to Windermere
- From the East (Leeds)
Direct Route - M62 then M6 as above
Or for a more leisurely alternative:
- Leave Leeds via Headingly on the A660 to Otley.
- Continue on A65 through Ilkley and Skipton
- Follow a pretty drive across to Kirby Lonsdale, crossing the M6 at Junction 36
- Then follow directions from The South
- From The North
- M6 southbound to Junction 39
- A685 to Kendal
- Then as above
- M6 southbound to Junction 40
- A66 signed Keswick
- Left onto A592 after approx 1 mile to Pooley Bridge
- Then a scenic drive to Windermere past Ullswater and over Kirkstone Pass.
- From Windermere Village
- Turn left down into the village (at Tourist Information) signed Windermere Town Ctr
- Follow one way system through Windermere
- Take New Road towards Bowness
- The Howbeck is set back a little on the left hand side
- A private car park to the rear of the building provides ample safe parking for all rooms.
- On Foot
- On foot? For those 'on foot' the railway station in Windermere is an easy five-minute walk or a two-minute taxi ride.
- From Abroad
- The most convenient international airport is Manchester (see directions above). Those travelling from southern airports (Heathrow, Gatwick) should take the M1 then M6 and follow directions as above.