Contact Us“Thank you for making an unforgettable weekend so special”
The Howbeck Guest House, New Road, Windermere, Lake District Cumbria, LA23 2LA
00 44 (0)15394 44739
Note: If sending an email - please include your contact telephone number and address so that we may deal with your enquiry effectively.
How to find the Howbeck
The howbeck is easy to find - just follow the directions below.If you can't find THe Howbeck when you arrive in Windermere, give us a call and we will talk you in!
- From the South M6
- M6 to Junction 36
- A590 (via Kendal bypass)
- A591 to Windermere
- From the East (Leeds)
Direct Route - M62 then M6 as above
Or for a more leisurely alternative:
- Leave Leeds via Headingly on the A660 to Otley.
- Continue on A65 through Ilkley and Skipton
- Follow a pretty drive across to Kirby Lonsdale, crossing the M6 at Junction 36
- Then follow directions from The South
- From The North
- M6 southbound to Junction 39
- A685 to Kendal
- Then as above
- M6 southbound to Junction 40
- A66 signed Keswick
- Left onto A592 after approx 1 mile to Pooley Bridge
- Then a scenic drive to Windermere past Ullswater and over Kirkstone Pass.
- From Windermere Village
- Turn left down into the village (at Tourist Information) signed Windermere Town Ctr
- Follow one way system through Windermere
- Take New Road towards Bowness
- The Howbeck is set back a little on the left hand side
- A private car park to the rear of the building provides ample safe parking for all rooms.
- On Foot
- On foot? For those 'on foot' the railway station in Windermere is an easy five-minute walk or a two-minute taxi ride.
- From Abroad
- The most convenient international airport is Manchester (see directions above). Those travelling from southern airports (Heathrow, Gatwick) should take the M1 then M6 and follow directions as above.
Exclusive Dining Offers
Enjoy some warm Lake District hospitality and some fine food....See more
What is OnSee more
Cumbria tourism awards
We are pleased and proud to announce our restaurant in Bowness on Windermere, Caffe Riva has won the...
Caffe Riva up for an award
We are very pleased to announce that caffe Riva has been nominated by Cumbria tourism for an award a...